Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doctrinal Statements: Intro

I thought I’d post a series of doctrinal statements I've been writing in my theology classes at Western Seminary. They are brief statements of what I believe the Bible teaches about how God speaks, who God is, what God does, how we’re jacked up, how God saves us and works for us, in us, and through us. There are much better books written on these topics (one recommendation would be Doctrine by Mark Driscoll and my theology prof Gerry Breshears), but these statements are my attempts to articulate Christian theology clearly and concisely.

The goal of theology is to think God’s thoughts after Him so that we live out the life of God. May these doctrinal statements encourage us to think well and may we find ourselves living out the life of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment