Sunday, October 4, 2009

Redeeming the Time

This morning I visited Providence Church--a church that The Village helped plant a few years ago. The sermon asked a big question: Will I give my life away? In particular, it challenged me to re-evaluate how I use my time.

Barry Keldie pointed out that Ephesians 5:15-17 shows us four ways to use our time. We can use it for doing godly things, doing wise things, doing foolish things, or doing sinful things. The call is to redeem the time that we've been given.

Just as Christ stepped into the world to rescue every aspect of creation, we too must step into our schedules to rescue every minute of our time. This really challenged me to keep a close watch on my schedule: How do I use my time? Does my schedule reflect Kingdom values? How much time is spent investing in godly things? In sinful things? In foolish things? Lord Jesus, may my schedule glorify you!

No comments:

Post a Comment